What are the benefits of using CAMS?
- It meets your reporting requirements
- It protects information privacy and security
- It ensures data entered is correct
- Data entered once can be used in many places, saving time
- Reports are designed to ensure information is neither under or over reported
- It helps develop consistency across the agency.
Who owns the data?
- All data is owned by your agency.
- Should the agency cease to use CAMS its data will be returned.
- No data will be used in any way without the permission of the agency
Where is the data stored?
- All data is backed up and stored in Canada.
Do I have to install anything on my computer?
- As CAMS is a web based program, reviewing the protection provided for your computer network is a wise step.
Where can I access CAMS?
- Anywhere in Canada there is an internet connection.
Do Help Desk staff and programmers sign a confidentiality agreement and require police and Correctional Services Canada clearance?
What security measures are in place to ensure only authorized personnel have access to the data?
- Each agency has control of their data base. The system requires a double log on process using a unique user name and password. Any data transfer is protected by an SSL Certificate.
What privacy measures are in place to limit access to those who authorized to see records?
- CAMS uses an Access Control List that grants or denies access based on the user and their type of account.
What checks are in place to ensure data is accurate?
- CAMS reports are designed so data can be reviewed quickly & effectively
- The number of search engines and built in reports allows data to be cross referenced and tested to ensure reliability.